Corrective Actions on the Admin Console
Add and edit Corrective Actions from the Admin Console and explore the powerful reporting and action management tools
In this Article
- Explore Corrective Actions Dashboard
- Filtering Corrective Actions Dashboard
- Adding a Corrective Action
- Completing or Editing Corrective Actions
- Viewing and Exporting Completed Corrective Actions
Corrective actions can be created, viewed and edited from both the Mobile app and Admin Console. You can also check out this article for more information on Corrective Actions on the Mobile App.
Explore Corrective Actions Dashboard
When looking at Corrective Actions on the Dashboard you can either take a quick view of the Top 10 Summary or take a deep dive into the Corrective Action Dashboard.
To access your Corrective Action Dashboard screen:
- Login to the Admin Console
- Find your Corrective Action Summary on the Dashboard
- Click the open arrow to explore all Corrective Actions
The default view of this screen will show you all the current corrective actions and all the details associated with them:
|Status:||Allows you to track the workflow status of the the action. Can be set to To Do, Started, Done, Blocked or Cancelled. Once set to Blocked or Cancelled the action will be considered closed and be moved to the 'Closed' tab.|
|Assigned:||Assign actions to different members of your team and notify them that they have an action that needs completing.|
|Colour:||Select from 6 different colours that help you identify and delineate actions.|
|Priority:||Choose between Low, Normal and High to prioritise each action.|
|When Due:||Date the action is due by, this will determine what actions are shown on the Dashboard as only upcoming or overdue actions are displayed. Once overdue they will display in red.|
|Form/Resource:||Allows you to attach a form or resource to be completed or referenced as part of this action|
|Created:||Shows the user and date the action was created.|
|Action For:||Shows the form, or resource the action is for. This will also show the attached completed form and answer if applicable|
Filtering Corrective Actions Dashboard
You can filter the Corrective Actions to find what you need quickly.
You can filter by:
- Status | To Do, Started, Done, Blocked, Cancelled
- Colour | Green, Orange, Red, Magenta, Yellow, Grey
- Priority | High, Normal, Low
- Assignee | Staff & Users
You may want to take a quick look into all Corrective Actions that need to be completed by a certain Staff Member. So you'd filter by:
- Status | To Do, Started
- Assignee | Select staff member
To clear the filters you can click the x icon next to each filter.
You can also view Escalations by clicking the thunderbolt icon. That will take you a deep dive into Escalations that are running at the time too.
Adding Corrective Actions
These can be added from multiple places on the Admin Console, they can also be added from the Mobile App to see here for more information.
Add Corrective Actions to a Completed Form
You see a Customer Complaint form on the Activity Stream about food being cold. Add a Corrective Action to the form to notify the Manager to train the Staff Member in the reheating process and attach the Training form you would like them to complete.
Add a Corrective Action from the Corrective Action Dashboard
This can be utilised in many ways, whether you:
- You receive a Maintenance notification so you notify a Staff Member to complete the Maintenance form
- You receive Corrective Actions from your Verifier, you can log them as a Corrective Action in Safe Food Pro for the relevant staff members to complete
- If you change a process or training to improve food safety in your business
In this example, the Verifier set a CAR to improve our Cooling Foods process. I then sent. Corrective Action to our chef so they can be notified and can improve this.
Completing or editing Corrective Actions
Once a Corrective Action has been made from either the Mobile App or Admin Console, you can monitor and track them from the Corrective Actions Dashboard.
If a Corrective Action has been completed, then simply mark the Status to Done. It will then appear on the Closed tab where you can view all Done and Cancelled Corrective Actions. It will also stay on the Current tab for 7 days and will auto-archive after that.
Viewing and Exporting Completed Corrective Actions
You can view your completed Corrective Actions in multiple places in Safe Food Pro.
Staff Training History
You can view all corrective actions that have been assigned to a Staff/User on the Staff & Users page. To do this:
- Go to Staff and Users
- Click the pencil icon next to the person you want to see. Here I'm looking at Sally
- Click Training History tab (at the top)
- Scroll to the bottom to see all corrective actions that are assigned to that staff/user
- Click the view icon to see the completed form
Summary Reports Page
You can also view all corrective Actions that have been made in the Summary Reports page. To do this:
- Click Reports
- Stay on the Summary tab
- Scroll down to the bottom to your Action/Tasks report
- View all Corrective Actions here
As mentioned above you can also view Done & Cancelled corrective actions on he Closed tabs in your Corrective Actions Dashboard. You can also export Current Corrective Actions to a CSV by clicking the green export button.