Staff Training Overview
Every time a verifier visits you will need to show them your staff training records.
In this Article
- Induction Form
- Ad-hoc Form "Specific training of business procedure/method"
- Viewing Completed Staff Training
- New Feature February 2020
To meet the Food Safety requirements you need to show that you have trained staff and visitors so that they can produce safe and suitable food. All staff and visitors must understand the training they are given and staff must be confident that they know exactly what to do and follow the plan to make sure safe and suitable food is produced.
There are four Ad-hoc forms within Safe Food Pro for recording training:
- Induction training
- Specific training of business procedure
- Staff Qualifications
You can change and edit these forms to suit your business.
You can use a quiz to test your staff's understanding of the training they have received.
The induction form covers the basics that all staff and visitors need to know to keep food safe:
- why and how to clean hands.
- why wearing clean clothing is important.
- how to report sickness.
- dealing with foods that could make people sick.
- how and why cleaning and sanitising is important.
- keeping foods separate in the food preparation area (including, managing allergens, keeping raw/uncooked food away from cooked food, and managing chemicals and poisons).
The collapsible yellow panels can be edited to make them specific to your business.
Ad-hoc Form "Specific training of business procedure/method"
Here are some examples on how this form can be used:
- Train your staff in a specific MPI Section. All the sections are already uploaded in your Resources, select which one you've trained your staff in (e.g. Making & Cooking) and explain in the Description how you trained your staff in this section.
- Train your staff in a new Cleaning Procedure. Add your Cleaning Procedure as a Resource, then explain how you trained them in this area.
- If your Menu changed, you can train your staff with what the New Allergens are in the Menu. Upload the new Menu as a Resource, select the resource in the form, then explain how you trained them and what allergens there are.
If it is a new procedure you may want to upload a Resource to your Resource list first.
Filling in the Form
- Log into the App.
- Click the Green Plus button to access Ad Hoc Forms.
- Click Specific training of business procedure/method.
- Chose the staff member being trained and applicable FCP section.
- It is important in the 'Brief Description of Training' to be specific as this shows up in the report in the Administration Console (see below).
- If a Resource was used in the training. Pick it from the list. Clicking on the 'eye/view' button lets the staff member read the pdf/watch the video.
- The staff member and the person conducting the training signs the form.
Food Safety Quiz
The food safety quiz is based off MPI's 5 hot topics:
- Starting | Washing hands.
- Starting | Protecting food from contamination by staff.
- Preparing | Separating food.
- Closing | Cleaning up.
- Troubleshooting | When something goes wrong.
This quiz explains the Do section and then quiz's you on the Know in the Template Food Control Plan. Let your staff read the FCP Template and then go through this quiz!
You can find this form in the Ad Hoc section on the App by clicking the Green Plus button.
Viewing Completed Staff Training
You can view Staff training in a few ways:
- Completed Forms on the Reports Page.
- View the Induction and Specific Business Procedures in the 'Staff Training Summary Report' on the Reports Page.
- Staff Page. Open the Staff Page on your Administration Console, click the 'pencil' icon to edit the staff member, scroll down to the bottom of their 'profile' and you will see their completed training forms and any other forms directly referencing their name e.g. staff sickness forms.
New Feature February 2020: You can now view the Resources selected in your Specific Training of Business procedure/method form in your Staff Training Summary Report. That way you can show your Verifier or team what resource was used to enhance their training.