Download and Setup the Mobile Application
Your daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc records are collected in Safe Food Pro using a free mobile application that runs on iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
In this Article:
- Downloading the App
- Setting Up the App
- Using the App for the first time (skip straight to this step for an article to send to your staff to train them in using Safe Food Pro! 🎉)
1. Downloading the App
Minimum requirements are iOS version 9 (Sep 2015) and Android version 4.4.4 (Jun 2014). You can download Safe Food Pro from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and install onto the iPad, tablet or phone that your staff will use to capture information.
- Open the App Store or Play Store on your device and type Safe Food Pro ('safefoodpro' will also work) into the search box.
- Click on the Safe Food Pro icon to start the installation process
- Open application once and you will be taken to the Login Page
2. Setting up the App
When you completed the Safe Food Pro sign-up Wizard you had the opportunity to create a separate user account (email and password) for your mobile application. You can use that to login now.
If you didn't create an account you have two choices:
- You can set up a new Tablet user, this user will only have access to Safe Food Pro from the Mobile App. This is a great login to use if your staff will be sharing a tablet, that way they don't have access to the Admin.
Here's some more information on adding users (you'll need Admin access to do this)
- Just use your administration account to login to the mobile application
Note: We don't recommend this approach because if your staff need to login again to the tablet (for example after an application update) then you will have to tell them your administration password.
Once you have logged into the mobile application you will be prompted to set your PIN and signature. These are used for signing forms. Once you have saved your signature you are taken to the main 'diary' page of the mobile application, to start completing your forms.
3. Using the App for the first time
We've created a friendly guide you can send to your staff to give them a few quick steps on how to get up and running using the app in no time at all. Have a read of the article first to make sure you have everything ready to go, then send it to your staff once you've set them up. Here's the article on Setting up Staff in Safe Food Pro 💥
Ps. don't forget to complete your Staff Training with your staff when you set them up for the first time.