Download and Setup the Mobile Application
Your daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc records are collected in Safe Food Pro using a free mobile application that runs on iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
Check out this training video to help you use Safe Food Pro on your Device:
Still Stuck? Check out the information below!
1. Downloading Application:
Minimum requirements are iOS version 9 (Sep 2015) and Android version 4.4.4 (Jun 2014). You can download Safe Food Pro from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and install onto the iPad, tablet or phone that your staff will use to capture information.
- Open the App Store or Play Store on your device and type 'Safe Food Pro' ('safefoodpro' will also work) into the search box.
- Click on the Safe Food Pro icon to start the installation process.
3. Open application once and you will be taken to the Login Page.
2. Setup Application:
When you completed the Safe Food Pro sign-up Wizard you had the opportunity to create a separate user account (email and password) for your mobile application. You can use that to login now.
If you didn't create an account you have two choices:
- In the Safe Food Pro web console navigate to 'My Business', 'Users' and click the green plus button to add a new User. Enter names, an email address and password and chose the role 'Tablet'. Once this is finished you can then use this new account to login into the mobile application.
- Just use your administration account to login to the mobile application.
Note: We don't recommend this approach because if your staff need to login again to the tablet (for example after an application update) then you will have to tell them your administration password.
Once you have logged into the mobile application you will be prompted to set your PIN and signature. These are used for signing forms. Once you have saved your signature you are taken to the main 'diary' page of the mobile application.
Wrapping things up:
You've made it in! Now you can move onto setting up forms:
- Click on a form in the diary list to open it and start recording information. Search through tabs at the bottom to change between today, this week or this month. You can also adjust date at the top to fill out past forms you may have missed.
- If you open a 'Temperature Check' form and it is empty then you need to setup your fridges/hot-holding equipment from the Safe Food Pro administration.
- Click the menu button at the top left to discover other pages. You can view completed forms, view and add suppliers, view resources (documents, websites and videos), check when equipment maintenance is due and add new staff members.
- For more steps on setting up click here