Using Bluetooth Probes
Safe Food Pro is compatible with a few Bluetooth Thermometers. See below to see what thermometers and how to set these up!
In this Article
Compatible with the Bluetooth Temperature Probe:
- TempTest Blue.
- RayTemp Blue.
Turning on Bluetooth Probe Forms
Your standard Safe Food Pro forms aren't compatible with your Bluetooth probes. Don't worry though, your Bluetooth Probe forms are ready and waiting, all you need to do is turn them on. You can do this by re-running the Food-Rules wizard:
- Login to your Administration Console (Computer)
- Go to My Business
- Click FCP Details
- Click Edit Food Rules
- Go through and answer your questions as normal
- Answer YES to Do you use a probe or infrared thermometer to monitor the temperature of your food?
- Select the forms that you will use the ETI Probe for. These are the Bluetooth forms that will be turned on for you.
- Complete the wizard as normal
The Bluetooth Probe forms will now be in your account, woohoo 🎈 Now there are three more quick steps you'll need to complete before you can start using your Bluetooth Probes.
to avoid confusion for your team, turn off the original forms that aren't compatible with your Bluetooth Probe. This won't delete the form in case you need to use it later, but it will stop the form from showing up on your app.
when the Bluetooth Probe Forms are turned on, they come set as Ad Hoc forms. You can either leave them as Ad Hoc, or schedule them to suit the form e.g. set your Cooling form to Weekly
add food items to speed up the Bluetooth Probe process. When using the Bluetooth Probe you can select from a list of food items to show which food type you are checking. This saves you having to manually input food items each time you use the probe.
Using Bluetooth Thermometer
Hooray! Your forms are ready to go, time for the fun part 🎉
- Once you've completed the steps above, open your Safe Food Pro app
- Make sure your Device's Bluetooth is turned on and the thermometer is turned on
- Open the relevant form and click on the temperature question
- Your device will start scanning for the nearest temperature thermometer (if there are multiple in the area it will bring up a list and you'll simply select the one you need to use)
- If you have selected all food items, then you will need to select what food item you are testing
- Your thermometer will start reading, click the button on your Thermometer to select the reading
- Click manual reading if you want to add in a manual temperature reading
- You can select or deselect any temperature recording taken by clicking them. If they are selected they will show green in the list with a tick
- SAVE your form as normal
Quick Tip: If you use multiple Bluetooth Thermometers, tape the serial number on the front of each thermometer so it's super clear which is which.