So you've got your Verification coming up?
There's nothing worse than having a stressful Verification day, so here are 6 easy steps to help you ease through your Verification:
Make your way through our Verification Checklist and make sure you've covered all of the bases, you can either use this one here or complete it straight from the app. You can find this form in your Safe Food Pro account:
- Login to the App
- Click the Green Plus button (Ad Hoc Forms)
- Find the Verification Checklist
It's best to have your Administration Console open on your computer while you do this check!
New November Release Feature - Check out our Using the Verification Summary Report video:
For more information check out our Reporting in Safe Food Pro Video, to make sure you are super comfortable with the Reporting system.
Remember, this is where you will take your verifier through everything, so make sure you know:
- How to generate your Verifiers Summary Report (Print or download this the night before your Verification)
- How to find individual completed forms in case your Verifier wants to see the contents of a Form
- How to use form reports in case your Verifier wants more reports or examples of completed forms
- How to change the date range
Note: The reports page will be your best friend on verification day, you'll start by showing your Verifier Summary report then you can dive deeper into the Form Reports. The more you know about how reports work in Safe Food Pro the better!
Food Control Plan:
Your verifier may ask to see the Food Control Plan you follow and what forms you complete.
You can direct them to the FCP Details tab in the 'My Business' section. There is a summary of the forms you complete with the related Simply Safe and Suitable section shown. By ticking the appropriate boxes in this section you show how you have tailored the template Food Control Plan for your business.
Print or email your Verification Report off for your Verifier before the big day. If you have their contact details then you can send it to them before they come in, that way if they have time they can look into the report before they get to your business.
The Verification Report only gives you a summary of your completed forms, you could also make a Verifier login for your Verifier so they can look through your account before the Verification. To do this:
- Go to My Business
- Click Users
- Add the Verifiers name, email & password
- Select the User Role as Verifier
The Verifier will get an email inviting them to Safe Food Pro with a reset password link in case they want to set their own password.
A lot of Verifier's have come accross Safe Food Pro and are starting to be quite PRO's. If your Verifier hasn't, then we've created these notes which you can send to them before their visit.
Make sure you and your staff know your Food Safety Processes. This is the most important step as you are the only ones who will know what you do to keep your food safe. The more knowledge you and your staff have the easier the Verification will be.
As a minimum, the training provided should meet the requirements in the Training and Competency section in your Food Control Plan:
- Cleaning hands
- Wearing clean clothing
- Reporting sickness
- Dealing with food that could make people sick
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Keeping foods separate in the food preparation area (including, managing allergens, keeping raw/uncooked food away from cooked food, and managing chemicals and poisons).
- Other procedures specific to the business
- What to do when something goes wrong.
Check through your training records and make sure you and your staff are trained in all areas above.
Do a sanity check of your Food Business, check the surroundings to make sure it all looks compliant e.g.
- Everything looks clean
- No expired food in the Fridge/ Freezer
- No chipped or broken plates etc.
Take a breath and let us know how you go when you are done. We love hearing the results and are more than happy to help you if you need to make any changes.
Ps. You can also add your next verification date in your account so you can start counting down to the next one, Woohoo! 🎉
Want to know what to expect on the day? Check out our What to expect at your Verification? article