So you've got your Verification coming up?
There's nothing worse than having a stressful Verification day, so here are 5 easy steps to help you ease through your Verification:
Make your way through our Verification Checklist and make sure you've covered all of the bases.
Watch our Reporting in Safe Food Pro Video, to make sure you are comfortable with the Reporting system.
Remember, this is where you will take your verifier through everything, so make sure you know:
- How to generate your Verifiers Summary Report (Print or download this the night before your Verification)
- How to find individual completed forms
- How to use form reports
- How to change the date range
Make sure you and your staff know your Food Safety Processes. This is the most important step as you are the only ones who will know what you do to keep your food safe. The more knowledge you and your staff have the easier the Verification will be.
As a minimum, the training provided should meet the requirements in the Training and Competency section in your Food Control Plan:
- Cleaning hands
- Wearing clean clothing
- Reporting sickness
- Dealing with food that could make people sick
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Keeping foods separate in the food preparation area (including, managing allergens, keeping raw/uncooked food away from cooked food, and managing chemicals and poisons).
- Other procedures specific to the business
- What to do when something goes wrong.
Check through your training records and make sure you and your staff are trained in all areas above.
Do a sanity check of your Food Business, check the surroundings to make sure it all looks compliant e.g.
- Everything looks clean
- No expired food in the Fridge/ Freezer
- No chipped or broken plates etc.
Take a breath and let us know how you go when you are done. We love hearing the results and are more than happy to help you if you need to make any changes.
Ps. You can also add your next verification date in your account so you can start counting down to the next one, Woohoo! 🎉
Want more information? Check out our Tips for Verification article