We've put together a list of steps and tasks to help you prepare for your Verification
Depending on your Food Control Plan not all of these steps may apply to you, but it's always good to have a double check that you have been following the right procedures and completing the correct forms!
Note: A great way to check these steps below is to generate your Verifier Summary Report (from the Reports Page) to check the Form Completion looks great and everything looks correct.
- Check your Daily, Weekly & Monthly Form Completion is at 100%
- The best way to check this is from the Dashboard! Change the Date Range to a custom date range to get an overview of your form completion.
Food Control Plan
- Make sure you and your staff know where to find your Simply Safe and Suitable FCP Template
- You will find this in the Resources, your Verifier may ask to see this on the day!
- Receiving a Delivery Form has been completed
- This is to cover the traceability section of the FCP. Every delivery should be recorded in case of a supplier recall. You should be recording the temperatures of any chilled goods.
- Any Troubleshooting Forms. Use the Ad Hoc form Incident Log
- Even if it's minor, the verifiers love seeing that you are logging incidents and learning from them
- Complete the FCP Details
- Don't forget to upload your Business Layout Plan under FCP Details in the My Business Section
- Check your Cooking Forms
- We find people can miss the Cooking and Cooling forms, so reference those with your Food Control Plan and make sure you are filling out the right forms.
- Hot & Cold Probe Thermometer Calibration Forms
- Any Maintenance forms if your Equipment has been maintained since your last Verification
- Record any Staff Sickness
- Delete any Staff that have left
- Complete Staff Inductions
- Complete Training for all staff in relevant sections of the Food Control Plan depending on their role. Use the Specific Training of Business Procedure/Method Form!
- As a minimum, the training provided should meet the requirements shown in the “Training and competency” section in the FCP:
- Cleaning hands
- Wearing clean clothing
- Reporting sickness
- Dealing with food that could make people sick
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Keeping foods separate in the food preparation area (including, managing allergens, keeping raw/uncooked food away from cooked food, and managing chemicals and poisons).
- Other procedures specific to the business
- What to do when something goes wrong.
- Make sure you are really comfortable with the Reports Page in Safe Food Pro, this is what you will be navigating around during the Verification
- Send or Download your Verification Report before the Verification so it's ready!
Note: Any questions? Just message us at firstname.lastname@example.org