Setting Up Your Temperature Sensors
Recording the temperature of your fridges and freezers is an essential part of food safety. By using Safe Food Pro’s Temperature Sensors, you will be able to record and display this important information automatically!
Safe Food Pro Temperature Sensors are temperature recording devices that can be placed inside of your fridges, freezers or hot holding. The sensors record the temperature inside your equipment and display this information in a graph on your dashboard.
The sensors operate between -55°C and +125°C.
In this Article:
What you’ll need:
- Hub - Make sure you place this in an area free of obstructions so you can get the best possible sensor readings.
- Sensor(s) - This goes in your Fridge/Freezer. When you set up the sensors, mount them away from the door and high up so the signal is not being blocked by stock on shelves.
Installing the Sensor Hub:
- Find a place by your internet touter that's free of obstructions, keep your sensors next to the Hub while you are setting up
- Screw on RF aerial to your Hub and the sensor aerials to your Sensors
- Connect the power supply to your Hub and turn the Hub on. This makes the power light go Red
- Take out the LAN cable. Connect this to the Hub (in the LAN port) and your Internet Router. This should make the net light flash green every few seconds. The RF light will flash blue only when the sensors send date every few minutes
- All done! Simple as that!
Installing the Sensors:
Once you have finished the installation, you'll need to allocate the Sensor to a piece of equipment (Fridge/Freezer) in Safe Food Pro.
- Go to Equipment
- Here you can either add your Sensor to an already existing fridge/freezer by clicking the 'pencil' icon OR you can click the green 'plus' icon to add a new fridge/freezer
- Scroll down to the bottom to the Wireless Monitoring section
- Click the "Sensor ID", then select the ID that matches your Sensor from the drop-down list. Each Sensor has it's own Sensor ID.
- Click the Sensor Active box to indicate that the Sensor is active
- Edit the "Out of Range Duration" to your preferred time (read more about notifications here)
- Click Save
- The Fridge/Freezer using the Monitor Pro Sensor will then be marked with a 'sensor' icon on the Equipment Page
Viewing Your Readings:
- Go to your Safe Food Pro Dashboard
- Check your sensors are sending readings, this can take a few minutes for the sensors to pop up on the Dashboard Graph
- Once you are happy with all of your sensors showing up, pop your sensors in the Fridge/Freezer it's allocated to
- Continue to keep an eye on your sensors once you've moved them into the equipment to make sure they are still sending readings
Zoom in on Dashboard Graph
To get a better view of your sensor readings simply:
- Go to your Dashboard
- Click the Sensor ID on the right of the Temperature Sensing Graph
- This will open a pop up of the temperature reading for that sensor
- Then click and drag on the field below to zoom into that date
Printing Temperature Sensor Readings
You can also view these readings on the reports page by clicking on the Reports tab, the "Sensor Data" button. In the top right you can select the date range for which you want to view the data. You will see a graph of the data for the selected period. Click the print icon to print off your readings.
On the Reports Summary page, you can view any temperature out of range warnings by scrolling down to the "Exceptions (blue notes)" report. This will tell you the date and time the recorded temperature was taken, and the out of range temperature that was recorded.