Completing Forms Offline
If you are out of range or don't have an Internet connection you can still complete forms in the Safe Food Pro Tablet/Mobile App
In this Article
- Am I Online or Offline?
- How to take my Mobile or Tablet back online
- Uploading Locally Stored Forms from Saved Forms
- How to upload Offline Forms when the Wifi returns
No need to worry, if your Wifi drops out or mobile data stops you can still complete your Food Safety forms.
Am I Online or Offline?
The best place to see if you are online or offline is to check the icon in the top right corner of the app.
- Online | White Wifi logo
- Offline | Red Triangle
- Offline with Completed Offline Forms | Red Triangle with a number next to it. The number represents the number of forms that are currently stored offline on your app that hasn't been sent to the Admin Console
How to take my Mobile or Tablet back online
Depending on your device, there are a couple of factors that can come into place. The best things to check are:
- Wifi is turned on, on your device
- Wifi is turned on and working in your building
- If you use Data not wifi, check your data is turned on e.g. 3G, 4G or 5G
- Check you haven't run out of data, if you have a limit
Uploading Locally Stored Forms from Saved Forms
You can also upload your Completed Forms from the Saved Forms Tab on the App. To do this:
- On the Diary page you'll see there are some forms (4 in this case) offline to be uploaded
- Go to the 'Saved Forms' page by clicking on the 3 line "hamburger" menu, you'll see each of the offline forms (indicated with the cloud with a line through it symbol)
- Ensure you now have a wifi connection and then swipe the form you want to upload to the left. An upload button will appear like this
- Click the button, form will try and upload. If it is successful, the cloud symbol will be gone. If not there will be a message shown (failed to upload or similar).
No cloud icons will be visible in the Saved Forms list when all forms have been uploaded and back at the Diary page there will be no number left beside the wifi icon.
How to upload Offline forms when the Wifi returns
Your app has come back online but you have forms that were completed offline? These should upload automatically when you come back into range. If they don't, you can simply click the red triangle or wifi icon to upload the forms to your Admin Console.
Note: Offline Mode is only available in the Safe Food Pro mobile App. Form completion is the only feature available for offline mode; if you want to add staff or view resources or older completed forms you will need to find a connection.