Messaging in Safe Food Pro
Messaging in Safe Food Pro allows you to share information and tasks with your Users/Staff
The messaging function is integrated across both the Mobile/Tablet and the Administration console.
Messaging is a way of communicating or sharing news, for example:
- Contacting Staff.
- Sending out Team Messages.
- Sending reminders for new opening hours or a new menu release.
- Distributing a new ad-hoc Form for completion. You might create a new staff training quiz and then send a link to that Form in a message asking everyone to complete the quiz. In the mobile application staff can click a link in the message to open the Form and complete it (this can be repeated by each staff member).
- Distributing a resource or link to a web page that you want staff to read. These might be new procedures, training, etc.
In this Article:
Messaging from your Admin Console
Follow the steps below to message on your Admin Console
- Click the Message Icon in the top right corner.
- Click on send a message to your team
- You also have the option to attach an Ad-hoc Form or Resource by clicking the paperclip Add button.
- Click the drop-down under send to to choose recipients. You can choose to either send to everyone or to a specific user.
- When someone receives a message from your Safe Food Pro account it can be read by clicking on the Message Icon
- You can only delete messages from the Admin Console, you can't delete them from the Mobile/Tablet. To delete a message you just click the 'Bin' icon on the right. If you delete a message then it will be deleted from ALL users.
Messaging from the Mobile/Tablet
From a Mobile/Tablet you can only send a Message and it is sent to everyone. Messages sent from the Mobile/ Tablet can't have attachments.
- Login to Safe Food Pro on your Mobile/Tablet.
- Click the Message Icon in the top right corner, alternatively, you can find messages in the Menu. Here you can see all the messages that you have sent or received.
- Messages Sent are shown with a Blue Arrow, Messages Received are shown with a Green Arrow on a Mobile/Tablet.
- Click the Green Plus Button to create a new message.
Receiving a Message
If you have an unread message on your Mobile/Tablet, the Message icon will show a red dot.
You can also receive a push notification on your Mobile/ Tablet:
Note: Messages are shown for two weeks - older messages are not displayed.