Setting up your Monitor Pro Temperature Sensor
Your Food Control Plan just got that much easier to manage! By integrating Monitor Pro with your Safe Food Pro you can say goodbye to daily temperature checks.
What is Monitor Pro?
Monitor Pro provides you with temperature sensors and hubs (RD-05s) that are integrated into Safe Food Pro. These sensors monitor your Fridge or Freezer's temperature, which are then displayed on your dashboard in your Safe Food Pro administration console.
- Plug the Hub into the power-pack supplied, the red light on the right should turn on as well as the green light below.
- Connect to a spare port on the Shop Router (or network switch or LAN outlet), the red light on the left should turn on. When all three lights are showing it is ready to go.
- Place Sensor in the Fridge/Freezer
- All done! Simple as that!
Note: There is no standard rule, but most buildings will allow for a sensor to be over 100m away. One hub can service many sensors (up to 100!), so long as they are in range.
Connecting to Safe Food Pro:
Once you have finished installation, you'll need to allocate the Sensor to a piece of equipment (Fridge/Freezer) in Safe Food Pro.
- Log into Administration Console
- Click on 'Equipment' from the Menu
- Here you can either add your Sensor to an already existing fridge/freezer by clicking the 'pencil' icon OR you can click the green 'plus' icon to add a new fridge/freezer
- Fill out the Fridge/Freezer as per normal. For more help on adding equipment click here
- Scroll down to the bottom of the form where it says "Monitor Pro"
- Click the "Sensor ID", then select the ID that matches your Sensor from the drop-down list. Each Sensor has it's own Sensor ID.
- Click the "Sensor Active" box to indicate that the Sensor is active
- Add email addresses for anyone who wants to be notified when the sensor continuously records temperatures outside the configured Warning Range for longer than the "Out of Range Duration"
- Edit the "Out of Range Duration" to your preferred time
- Click "Save"
- The Fridge/Freezer using the Monitor Pro Sensor will then be marked with a 'sensor' icon on the "Equipment" Page
Note: The Fridge/Freezer "Equipment Serial Number/ID" is optional and not related to the Sensor ID.
Monitoring Fridge Temperatures:
- Log in to your Administration Console
- You'll see the readings on the Dashboard, if only some of your fridge/freezers are using Monitor Pro then the Monitor Pro readings will be below the manual readings.
You can find your Monitor Pro reports on the reports page, if your temperature goes out of the warning range then it will be made into a 'Blue Note' and will be shown on the 'Exceptions (blue notes) Reports':