Creating a Custom Form
Sometimes you will need to add a form to match your business needs. To do this you will need to be able to create a new form. Safe Food Pro's custom form builder has many tools to help you personalise your forms online.
Click here if you would prefer to watch a video of how to create a custom form
In this Article
- Where to go
- Question Builder Bar
- Add New Question
- Add Collapsible Panel
- Add Section Header
- Add Instruction Text
- Copy or Delete Question/Component
Where to go:
- Choose 'Forms' from the menu on the Safe Food Pro Administration Console
Click on the Green 'Plus' button. The form builder will display in a pop up window
Add form details:
- Leave the box that says "this form is to be used as a quiz" unticked.
- Give the form a name.
- The description is optional.
- Give the form a Meta-tag. This helps you find the form in the ad-hoc listing and also if you search for it under "Saved Forms'
- Choose if you want to schedule the form. You can choose, Daily, Weekly or Monthly.
- Choose how you want to schedule the form. Click here to see more detail about scheduling a form.
Question builder bar:
This bar may appear at the side of the form pop-up or at the bottom depending on the size of your screen.
The components you can choose to put on a form are:
- Add a question. There are lots of types to choose from; Y/N, checklists, numeric, text etc. Scroll down the list to see all the different options.
- Add a collapsible panel. This shows up yellow on a form on the mobile app. Only the first line is displayed, when clicked on the full panel displays. This is useful for giving instructions.
- Add a Section Header. Use this to break up large forms. It is also useful if you want to repeat a group of questions. Click here to see how to repeat questions.
- Add an Instruction Text. It appears as a grey box on your form on the mobile app. It is always on display unlike the collapsible panel.
Add a new question:
- Click on the add question icon
- Type in your question
- Add a suitable prompt. e.g. Task complete or Done?
- Change the answer type. Safe Food Pro has 30 answer types. The most commonly used types are: checkbox, short text, Yes/No, multi-choice. There are also options to pick from a list of staff, equipment or resources.
- If you want to make your question compulsory make sure the "Required" is displayed as a green button.
This is how it looks on the mobile app:
Add a new collapsible panel:
- Click on the add collapsible panel icon from the question builder bar
- Type in a header for the panel e.g. Instructions
- Type in the text for the panel
The yellow box is how it looks on the mobile app:
Add a new section header:
- Click on the add section header icon from the question builder bar
- Type the title for the header
- If you want to use the section header to start a repeating section, toggle "Allow multiple answers". Click here for more information.
This blue section is how it looks on the mobile app:
Add a new instruction text:
- Click on the add instruction text from the question builder bar
- Type in your text
The light grey box is how it looks on the mobile app:
Copy a question/component:
- Ensure that the question or component you wish to copy has a green bar down the left hand side
- Click on the Copy Question icon
A copy of the question is inserted below the current question
Make changes as needed to the text
Delete a question/component:
- Ensure that the question or component that you wish to delete has a green bar down the left hand side.
- Click on the bin icon
When you have added all the questions you need click on 'Save'. Your form will now appear in the form list. When you log into the mobile your form will be displayed either under the Ad Hoc button, Today, This Week or This Month tab depending on your schedule choice.
Wrapping things up:
- You can create custom forms to personalise your own Food Safety or create your own checklists to manage your business
- To create a new form, go to forms and click the '+'
- Forms are made up of components, fine them in the builder bar
- Remember to save your form when you are finished